Feb 14, 2011

Seeing Red - A Love Story

Last minute Valentine's Day errands have you frustrated?  Rushing to "put on a show" for your family?

Think you don't have the energy or creativity to do it on your own?

Yes, you DO!  The only Big Box store you need is your own home!  You don't even have to get dressed.

DECLARE ORDER WITH RED.
Take 5 minutes to make a pile of RED household items.  Go ahead.  I'll wait...
I raided my Kitchen, Birthday Box (see archives - Pencil Giving Needs), Gift Wrap drawer and found -

RED STUFF!

FOCUS ON YOUR SCHEDULE. 
What would make the most sense?
For your life.
For today.
A CENTERPIECE?
PLACE SETTINGS?
ENTRY?
LUNCH BOXES?

After looking at the RED STUFF and thinking about OUR schedule,
I chose to RED UP the kitchen table.
I started with the white breakfast bowls...

Hey!  
These look pretty sweet against the RED STUFF
Then I remembered the white tablecloth from Thanksgiving...

And...voila!
PRETTYFUL

My mom is an expert at making do.
She taught us that little loving touches can have as much impact as an "in your face" display.  My tween wandered past and asked to help blow up the balloons.  Then lamented she, "hadn't gotten me anything."  But the day is young and she is resourceful...Can't wait!
Thanks, mom. xox

LOVE STORIES
Oooh!  Inspiration!  I think I will take the paper placecards and write thoughtful little one sentence messages on the inside to my husband and kids...
"I love it when you___________.  
It is fun when we ___________.  
I am proud of you when___________."

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

2 comments:

  1. How perfect. Wish I had "red" this yesterday! Hope I remember for next year! - Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about practicing on St. Pat's? Seeing green :)

    ReplyDelete