Feb 2, 2011

Declaring Order in a Storage Room - Drifts

     Was too busy with volunteer school reading programs for personal pleasure reading.  Re-read the same first sentence, "It was not my fault," of my book club book, Amy Tan's, Saving Fish From Drowning, at least six times.  Had decided to attend the meeting without reading the book.
     As luck would have it, book club was rescheduled!  In anticipation of an impending blizzard, a new date was selected.  I was off the hook - so to speak.

Snow drift
     An organizing book, The Clutter Cure, caught my attention after a sweaty bout of driveway drift shoveling...    
     The first sentence, "Why are you keeping that old thing?" was amusing, as it went quite nicely with, "It was not my fault."  Which got me to thinking about the "Declaring Order in a Storage Room" project (see archives).   It was left unfinished due to unexpected illness and the heavily anticipated blizzards...

Fortunately, the blizzard of leftovers (read - memories) had been left in manageable drifts...
Purple Drift
Light Blue Drift
"It was not my fault."  
Into each life, a little snow must fall.
And I'll get back to clearing those drifts.
Right after I finish 
(Er...re-re-re-re-re-re-re-start!) 
my book...

No comments:

Post a Comment