Apr 30, 2011

What NOT to Wear - The Learning Curve


Per yesterday's post (It's All About the Accessories, Right?), I learned from my "Get Really Sweaty" options that clothes should be comfortable and flattering.  Common sense, right?  It was a message I had not been heeding.  It was one of those Oprah ahas - my clothes should always make me FEEL GOOD!

One of the shirts was clingy in all the wrong places, so I avoided wearing it.  Unfortunately, that didn't leave many options!  The white shirt wrinkled too easily, so it didn't look fresh by the end of the day.  I got in the habit of changing out of the six items whenever possible and wearing my Life is Good t-shirt.

The result?  At the end of the 30 days, I wanted to try it again!  Getting the other six items out of rotation was a relief.  The weather was changing and I had more pants options to choose from.  And I decided to use eight items instead of six.  Just to make it a little less work.

This time, I tried everything on!  And scrutinized the fit.  Jeans were no longer an option, as I was working and volunteering more often.  I had always felt unprofessional in jeans anyway.

During month two, I was no longer thinking about getting dressed, so when someone complimented my clothes (which was happening more often!) I saw it as validation I had selected better items.  I looked more "put together" because - I WAS!  Pants that poked and shirts that hung without shape were in the back of the closet.  The clothes were no longer wearing me.  

I learned I had "put up with" certain items of clothing for the sake of variety.   

More Tuesday...still going!

No comments:

Post a Comment