Apr 28, 2011

What to Wear

Please join me as I prepare my 8-10 wardrobe pieces for the month of May.  What started as an experiment last fall, has become a life-long habit.  It changed the way I use my clothes. 

WEAR it all began...

In August 2010, I read about the 6 items or less challenge in the Chicago Tribune.  The challenge?  For people to look critically at their clothing and keep fewer items in rotation.  The actual challenge was to wear the same 6 items for 30 days.  Inspired by the photos, I spent several days thinking and paring down.

Looking back at the earnest photos (followed by supportive comments) posted to Facebook eight months ago, causes me to shake my head and smile - I have learned so much since then...

September 2010.  First attempt at pairing down my wardrobe for 30 day stretches.
1.  Jeans
2.  Black Shorts
3.  Colorful T-shirt
4.  White Shirt
5.  Cute Top
6.  Dress

More 6 items or less tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment