Mar 15, 2011

Colorful Solutions

My son's fourth grade class whined to their teacher about having to work on writing.  The clever teacher erased the board and assigned a persuasive essay around the topic, "Why We Shouldn't Have To Write This Paper."  In honor of Colorful Solutions, I have asked my son if he would be my guest blogger today...  

I Don't Want To Do Writing Now!
by,
a nine year-old Declare Order kid

     Auggh...I don't want to do writing...I don't want to writing because ISATs just ended and I am exhausted.  I also want to hang out with my friends.
     Our class needs a BIG break.  ISATs are hard because, #1 they are hard, and #2 there are extended responses.  We could feel better if we didn't do writing.  Anyway, writing just make me go bonkers.
     We haven't had much time to talk to friends lately and we would like to hang out.  We also want to see how everyone thinks they did on ISATs.  It would be an adrenaline rush to predict what we got.
     It has been silent lunch for two days in the lunchroom in a row :(  I hate silent lunch!  Because I can't stand being quiet!!!  
     We don't want to do writing because ISATs just ended and we feel like we are going to BURST!  POW!  We haven't had much time to visit with friends lately and if would feel great if we finally got to talk.  
Yay...


Thank you, son, for your persuasive contribution :)  Below, please find a photo of the Colorful Solution I just happened upon for your toothpaste with the missing cap.  Hmm...perhaps we could sacrifice a lid from one of the sample tubes from the dentist?
Colorful Solution
"Looking back, I realize that nurturing curiosity and the instinct to seek solutions are perhaps the most important contributions education can make." ~ Paul Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment