Jan 2, 2011

Good Will Hunting

     Shopping for clothing at Goodwill - when it is not an economic necessity - is not universally appealing.  I get that.  I also get a Liz Claiborne shawl collar cardigan for $4.99!  I recommend inspecting every inch of the garment, shopping on half-off certain colored tag days, and always, always trying pieces on.
     If you are not inclined to poke around Goodwill, here is a colorful tip about Lands End Inlet.  I was in search of a robe to replace my ratty maroon old-timer with the broken zipper.  I learned I could get an additional 20% off the already discounted price if I selected an item that had been monogrammed.  Monogrammed?  Always intrigued by unique ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle, I kept an open mind and found my new best friend, "Patricia."  
     "Patricia," as she proclaims from below my left shoulder, is my red fleece hoodie robe.  She falls about mid-calf and zips up the front.  My family teased me at first, but have come to accept Patricia as an honorary member of the family.

my good will ambassador :)

1 comment: